No Right Click

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My Husband Looks Like Jesus


These past few weeks of waiting and worrying have been tough on us. I don't know how I would have gotten through it without Hubby by my side. I'm thankful to have him next to me, to walk through even the tough times together.

I'm thankful for this silly, gentle, handsome, wonderful, awesome, God-fearing man of mine. 




This man who sees my tears and stretches out his arms and holds me. This man who holds my hand and cries with me. 
And without any words reminds me of the Savior who longs to hold me and wipe away my tears. The Savior who mourns with me.


He heals the brokenhearted
    and binds up their wounds.
Psalm 147:3 

This man who hears my doubts and honest thoughts without condemning or criticizing me, who just listens and works to understand.
And without any words reminds me of my Savior who wants me to be honest with Him, to hear all of my doubts, worries, fears, and questions.



The Lord your God is in your midst,
    a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
    he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah 3:17 

This man who buys me “just because I love you” flowers. And without any words reminds me of my heavenly Bridegroom who delights over me, rejoices in me, and longs to sweep me off my feet.

 This man who looks like Jesus.

1 comment: