No Right Click

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Reality



This is reality for little D.  D is 12 years old. In a crib. In diapers. With bones sticking out of his legs.  And a feeding tube in his nose.  And yet he smiles. :) 






And sweet, lively M, known as Della on Reece's Rainbow.   Her stimming behavior in the video at the bottom of this page makes me so sad.   

She needs a Mama and Daddy who will help her.  11 years old and the size of a 3 year old.
Sweet girl, I would bring you home if we were approved for one more child.





Don't be scared off.  I think these children WILL thrive in a family.  It will be a hard journey...it might even be a long journey, but one day they will thrive in a family...they will be loved and no longer be called orphans...if someone is willing to step up to the plate.

Please, please, don't ignore them.  So many children have already died waiting.  


We can't ignore these children and many orphans like them.  We are called...commanded...to act.   Did you know that if just a small percentage of Christians worldwide stepped out and adopted an orphan who has truly been abandoned, then there would be no more orphans left in the world And if we raise up the next generation and the next to do the same, there will still be no more orphans.  
(those who can't adopt can support these families through financial support, prayer, help as they adjust to being a family, and so many more ways) 


And if we equip birth mothers and fathers with Jesus, education, jobs, and parenting training, then there will be less orphans.  More parents could keep their children. 


Job 29:11-16
When the ear heard, it called me blessed,
and when the eye saw, it approved,
because I delivered the poor who cried for help,
and the fatherless who had none to help him...

I put on righteousness and it clothed me;
my justice was like a robe and a turban.
I was eyes to the blind
and feet to the lame.
I was a father to the needy...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Jenny Isom and my husband is John. We are starting the process on monday morning to adopt Della. We saw her two days ago...and fell in love! What a sweet little girl. If you have any other info about her or pics would you mind contacting me ? jjisom321@yahoo.com
    Thanks, wish us luck.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So exciting Jenny! I can give you all the info I have. Are you on facebook?

    ReplyDelete