No Right Click

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Waiting is Hard

I needed to hear this today, this article about for when we have to wait.

Logically, I know that the wait is good.  I know that we have learning to do and our hearts to prepare.  We get to keep growing closer to each other.  We have a community and support network to grow closer to.  We have a home to prepare.  I know that waiting will make us better parents because it gives us time to get closer to Jesus.  And that's the most important thing for being a parent- being close to our sweet Savior.  Knowing Grace Himself more deeply.  

But waiting is hard and doesn't feel like a good thing when I think of those two sweet faces who have never known the love of a family.  Waiting is hard when I know the statistics are against them- when I know that the first three years of a child's life are the most important developmentally.  That those first three years set the foundation and will affect the rest of their lives.  And we've missed them all.  And that an orphanage, an institution, is one of the worst places for a child. And that is where they've spent five years, their whole lives.  And that early intervention is crucial.  Waiting is hard when I think of them sitting there not getting the love of a Mommy and Daddy.

Redeeming these children and healing these children is a God-sized job.  We can't do it.  He has to.  He has made the human brain so intricately and so amazingly that even genetic and environmental effects can be reversed with proper care and nurture.  The brain can re-write itself to an extent.  And He has made kids amazingly resilient too.  And most importantly, He's given us a Savior who is the answer to everything we need, everything these children need. 

Jehovah Rapha. Our healer.  He's a God of healing.  He heals bodies, hearts, and souls.

We're praying for Z and V, for their redemption (that they come to know Jesus) and healing. We are praying the Lord protects them and restores the years the orphanage has taken away, even now as we wait.  Would you pray with us?


Joel 2:25-27

25 I will restore to you the years
    that the swarming locust has eaten,
the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter,
    my great army, which I sent among you.
26 You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
    and praise the name of the Lord your God,
    who has dealt wondrously with you.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.
27 You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel,
    and that I am the Lord your God and there is none else.
And my people shall never again be put to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment